Updated December 14
Our programs and services continue to operate (with some modifications), and we are committed to maintaining these essential services for as long as we can safely do so. The people we serve are at greater risk of physical and economic consequences from COVID-19 and its ripple effects, and we will do all that we can to help individuals and families navigate these challenges. For the latest updates on our operations, visit this post on our COVID-19 response.
We need your support to keep our clients connected to critical services. As the pool of available resources shrinks for people experiencing homelessness, our programs are especially important in the role of meeting people where they’re at and providing a safe refuge.
How You Can Help St. Stephen’s Right Now:
1) Make a financial donation. Your online gift will go to work immediately providing financial support for our program operations and allow us to respond to emergency needs -- including expanding shelter operations to 24/7, and street outreach operations to seven days per week.
2) Donate specific items that we can distribute immediately to the people we serve. We are temporarily narrowing our wish list to critical items (click the arrow below to reveal that list). Please schedule drop-offs of these items in advance with Amanda ( or 612-481-9501) and wear a mask to your appointment.
- 1-2 person tents
- NEW or freshly laundered adult sleeping bags
- Backpacks (drawstring or traditional)
- Warm winter coats (sizes L-4XL only at this time)
- Warm winter gloves (all sizes)
- Sturdy winter boots (all sizes)
- NEW long underwear for all bodies (all sizes)
- NEW underwear for all bodies (all sizes)
- NEW white t-shirts for all bodies (sizes L-4XL most needed)
- Travel-sized toiletries: shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, soap, lotion, toothbrushes/toothpaste
- Hand sanitizer (60%+ alcohol, travel size preferred)
- Wet wipes (individual packs)
- Lounge pants for all bodies (sizes L-4XL most needed)
- Gift cards for fast food or gas
- Infrared and traditional thermometers
- Cell phones
View Our Quality Standards
Please schedule drop-off's (of these items only) in advance with Amanda, Volunteer & Giving Coordinator ( or 612-481-9501). Don't forget to wear a mask when you drop items off. If you have any questions about whether we are able to accept an item, please contact Amanda in advance. We deeply appreciate your support.
Click here to view our Amazon Wish List
If browsing by mobile phone, please click here to purchase items from our Amazon Wish List.
If you are planning to purchase and donate new items, please know that quality is more valuable to our clients than quantity. Five $20 pairs of gloves that will keep people warm for several winters are more useful than 20 pairs of $5 gloves that may not serve their purpose. Please feel free to contact us and ask what items would help our clients the most at this time.
Together, we can work to protect some of our community's most vulnerable members. Thank you for being a part of our efforts.
Do you have other questions about ways to help? We'd love to connect with you. Please email us at .