Updated July 2
Our programs and services continue to operate (with some modifications), and we are committed to maintaining these essential services for as long as we can safely do so. The people we serve are at greater risk of physical and economic consequences from COVID-19 and its ripple effects, and we will do all that we can to help individuals and families navigate these challenges. For the latest updates on our operations, visit this post on our COVID-19 response.
We need your support to keep our clients connected to critical services. As the pool of available resources shrinks for people experiencing homelessness, our programs are especially important in the role of meeting people where they’re at and providing a safe refuge.
How You Can Help St. Stephen’s Right Now:
1) Make a financial donation. Your online gift will go to work immediately providing financial support for our program operations and allow us to respond to emergency needs -- including expanding shelter operations to 24/7, and street outreach operations to seven days per week.
2) Donate specific items that we can distribute immediately to the people we serve. We are temporarily narrowing our wish list to critical items (click the arrow below to reveal that list). Please schedule drop-offs of these items in advance with Amanda ( or 612-481-9501).
- NEW white t-shirts (larger sizes preferred)
- NEW lounge/sweatpants (larger sizes preferred)
- Bottled water
- Bug spray
- Sleeping Bags (new or freshly laundered ONLY)
- *Homemade cloth masks
- Rain ponchos
- Hand sanitizer (60%+ alcohol, travel-sized preferred)
- Underwear for all bodies
- Wet Wipes (individual packs)
- Travel-sized toiletries: shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, soap & lotion
- Infrared thermometers
- Plastic spray bottles (32oz or 16oz preferred)
- Gift cards for fast food or gas
- Cell phones
- Traditional thermometers with disposable covers
Please schedule drop-off's (of these items only) in advance with Amanda, Volunteer & Giving Coordinator ( or 612-481-9501). We deeply appreciate your support.
*Masks: Following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) that recommends the public wear cloth masks to prevent the spread of COVID-19, we are currently seeking donations of homemade cloth masks for our staff and clients. The CDC provided a guide on making both sewn and no-sew cloth face coverings that can be found here. We ask that donated masks are gender-neutral colors and patterns. If you have a more advanced level of sewing skills and are looking for a challenge, our shelter manager has found that this style of mask is more comfortable to wear than some of the simpler designs. All styles of mask donations will be accepted.
Together, we can work to protect some of our community's most vulnerable members. Thank you for being a part of our efforts.
Do you have other questions about ways to help? We'd love to connect with you. Please email us at .