What We Do

Our current programs serve Hennepin County and include street outreach, shelter, and supportive housing. If you are looking to access services, please visit our Get Help page.


Our Programs
Our Programs
Our Programs

Services for individual adults in Hennepin County include:

Street Outreach works throughout Minneapolis to interact with people living in places not meant for human habitation. They help people navigate the various crises that occur while lacking stable housing and meet people where they are at to address immediate basic needs for safety and survival outside while assisting them in their process towards permanent housing.

Clinton Avenue Shelter is a year-round emergency shelter for 44 individuals experiencing homelessness who identify as male. 

First Covenant Shelter is a year-round emergency shelter for 55 individuals of all genders experiencing homelessness, including an emphasis on pairs of guests.

Single Adult Rapid ReHousing works with individuals with moderate acuity levels to move quickly from shelter or places not meant for human habitation to permanent housing.

Single Adult Fast Track, beginning in September of 2018, is a condensed form of Rapid ReHousing for single adults with higher income.

​​​​​St. Stephen’s Single Adult Supportive Housing Program provides scattered site supportive housing to single adults and couples without children.

Programs for families in Hennepin County include:

Family Supportive Housing (FSH), a long-term supportive housing program for families.

The Next Step Assessment screens families onto the priority list for the Family Coordinated Entry System in Hennepin County.

Targeted Family Prevention works with families that have histories of multiple shelter stays.

Traditional Family Homelessness Prevention provides one-time rental assistance to housed families that are at imminent risk of homelessness.

Fast Track is a housing program that provides short-term case management services to families while they are currently residing in shelter.

Rapid ReHousing is a short-term housing program for families who are experiencing homelessness to increase overall wellbeing and housing stability.

Community Resources

Birth Certificates

Holiday Drop-ins on Thanksgiving and Christmas Day

Handbooks of the Streets

Representative Payees Services


Last year St. Stephen's served 6,573 total individuals, making up 5,007 households:

  • More than 2,300 individuals had more than 6,000 engagements with our Street Outreach Workers

  • 1,256 individuals of all gender identities were provided emergency shelter for at least one night

  • 611 families, including 808 adults and 1,369 children, were supported in our family housing programs

  • 440 individuals were supported in our housing programs for single adults

  • 106 families received prevention services to help maintain stable housing



  • 97 people visited our Welcome Center on an average weekday

  • 25,212 Handbooks of the Streets and 20,000 Street Outreach Trifolds were distributed

  • 861 households were assisted with obtaining birth certificates from 46 states, territories, and provinces.

  • 786 Next Step Assessments were completed with Hennepin County families

  • 536 individuals accessed Representative Payee services

  • 344 individuals participated in 32 "A Day in the Life" experiences


Want to learn more? Read more about our work and approach on the "About Us" tab.


Homelessness Ends With You.

Learn more about homelessness in Minnesota.
Send a note to your legislator to advocate for systems change.
You can make a difference.


Sign Up For Our E-Newsletter