Expand and preserve affordable housing opportunities, to ensure that everyone has a place to call home.
- Invest in the development of affordable housing
- Preserve existing affordable and supportive housing
Learn what Minnesota's affordable housing landscape looks like, and how that impacts St. Stephen's clients here
Remove barriers to housing for the people we serve.
- Limit screening out tenants who have rent subsidies, criminal histories, or imperfect rental histories
- Reform rental eviction expungement law and practices
Learn more about how these barriers impact St. Stephen's clients here.
Support economic stability for the lowest income households.
- Increase the minimum wage.
- Increase MFIP cash assistance.
- Ban predatory lending.
Learn about MFIP and the current state of minimum wage in Minnesota here.
Restore and preserve voting rights.
- Restore voting rights for ex-offenders.
- Oppose restrictive voting laws.
Click here to learn about how 2017 efforts to restore voting rights to ex-offenders were stalled.
Increase availability of and access to safe shelter.
- Expand shelter capacity.
- Increase number of medical respite beds.
Learn more about these needs here.