St. Stephen's Prevention Voicemail Line: 612-870-2298
St. Stephen's has very limited funds each month to serve households in danger of losing their housing. To apply, eligible households need to call in at a specific time, and leave a message with specific information.
Families (minor children in the household): Leave a message at 612-870-2298 between 8:00 AM and 10:00 AM on the first business day of the month
Single adults, or households with only adults: Leave a message at 612-870-2298 between 8:00 AM and 10:00 AM on the 15th of the month, or the business day closest to the 15th
The voicemail line always has the most up-to-date information. You can call the voicemail line at any time to hear a recording explaining in detail what time you need to call in, on what day, and all of the information you will be expected to leave in your voice message.
Minimum Eligibility Criteria:
- You live in market rate housing (not subsidized or low-income housing)
- You live in Hennepin County
- You have received a denial from Emergency Assistance or Emergency General Assistance, or have received a notice that you have used it within the last year
- You will become homeless if you do not receive assistance
- Your housing will be affordable after your current housing crisis is resolved
When calling in on the designated day for your household type, you will be asked to leave the following information in your message:
- First and last name
- The number of people in your household, including yourself
- The type of assistance and dollar amount requested
- The household's gross monthly income
- A phone number or two where the caller can be reached
Calls from the voicemail line are returned in the order received. There is an extremely high volume of calls, so we recommend calling as close to 8:00AM as possible. Leaving a message on the voicemail line is never a guarantee of financial assistance.
Business days are generally Monday-Friday, except for holidays where St. Stephen's is closed. You can call 612-870-2298 any time to confirm the next date that the line will be accepting messages for your household type.