5/7 Update: After an extra matching challenge of $15,000 was added on Tuesday, you have surpassed our total matching funds available! #GiveAtHomeMN continues through 11:59PM on Friday night.
Because of the challenges and new needs that nonprofits throughout Minnesota are facing this spring, GiveMN has organized the first-ever "Give At Home Minnesota" week of giving. Here are some quick facts for you:
- #GiveAtHomeMN is similar to Give to the Max Day (held annually in November), but it is eight days long: May 1st to May 8th.
- St. Stephen's has a $15,000 matching pool thanks to a handful of anonymous donors. Every dollar you give through our Give at Home portal will be matched, up to $15,000.
- The bonus prizes that we all know and love are back! $250 will be added to a random gift every hour May 1 - 8, and $2,500 will be added to a random gift each day.
We are continuing -- and in many ways increasing -- our operations to meet our clients where they are, and to help people remain somewhere safe amid the pandemic:
- Our two emergency shelters have moved to 24/7 operations for more than a month, and are moving to a hotel location this week to reduce risk of COVID-19 transmission for our guests, our staff, and the wider community.
- With this location shift, we will also be temporarily adding approximately 50 beds for unsheltered individuals.
- Our Street Outreach team is providing services seven days per week and supporting a public health response to the pandemic.
- Our housing and prevention programs are working remotely to continue holistic services to help the individuals and families we serve navigate a continually evolving social services landscape.
We know the people we serve are at greater risk of physical and economic consequences from COVID-19 and its ripple effects, and we will do all that we can to help individuals and families navigate these challenges.
Your #GiveAtHomeMN gift is vital to supporting some of our most vulnerable community members in weathering the COVID-19 pandemic and its ripple effects.
Thank you for your generosity.