** As of March 17th, St. Stephen's is temporarily narrowing its wishlist to the most critical items we need at this time. Please schedule an appointment to drop off these items with Amanda ( or 612-481-9501)**
The only items we are currently accepting (by appointment) are:
- NEW white t-shirts (larger sizes preferred)
- NEW lounge/sweatpants (larger sizes preferred)
- Bottled water
- Bug spray
- Sleeping Bags (at this time, NEW ONLY)
- *Homemade cloth masks
- Rain ponchos
- Hand sanitizer (60%+ alcohol, travel-sized preferred)
- Underwear for all bodies
- Wet Wipes (individual packs)
- Travel-sized toiletries: shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, soap & lotion
- Infrared thermometers
- Plastic spray bottles (32oz or 16oz preferred)
- Gift cards for fast food or gas
- Cell phones
- Traditional thermometers with disposable covers
- Breakfast Bars (Individually packaged)
- Healthy Snacks (Individually packaged)
- Ramen Packets (Chicken flavor)
- **IQ Game or other individual puzzle games that can be sanitized
- **Decks of cards
- **Small sketch pads or adult coloring books
- **Markers/colored pencils
- **Puzzle books (Sudoku, crosswords, etc.)
*MASKS: Following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) that recommends the public wear cloth masks to prevent the spread of COVID-19, we are currently seeking donations of homemade cloth masks for our staff and clients. The CDC provided a guide on making both sewn and no-sew cloth face coverings that can be found here. We ask that donated masks are gender-neutral colors and patterns. If you have a more advanced level of sewing skills and are looking for a challenge, our shelter manager has found that this style of mask is more comfortable to wear than some of the simpler designs. All styles of mask donations will be accepted.
**ART SUPPLIES: Our friends at Barnes and Noble have offered a generous 20% discount on the starred items purchased to benefit our shelter guests. To take advantage of this opportunity, please follow these steps:
- Use bn.com to “window shop” for the items you would like to purchase for the shelter.
- When you are ready to make a purchase, call the store at 612-922-3238 between 9am-4pm. You will hear an auto message explaining that the store is closed, but after that, an employee will answer the phone.
- Let the staff know you are calling to make a purchase for St. Stephen’s Human Services. The 20% discount will be applied.
- The Barnes and Noble team will ship the items to us!
St. Stephen's accepts donations Monday through Friday from 8:30AM-2PM -- at 2309 Nicollet Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55404. Contact Amanda at 612-481-9501 or with questions. We do not have the capacity to pick up donations from your location.
If browsing by mobile phone, please click here to purchase items from our Amazon Wish List. Due to storage capacity, we can ONLY accept the items listed below. St. Stephen's no longer accepts general clothing or hand-knit/crocheted items. Clothing can be donated to the Central Lutheran Free Store. For Clients Moving Into Housing Clean Linens: Blankets (Twin, Full, Queen), Sheets (Twin, Full, Queen), NEW Pillows, Towels, Washcloths Kitchenware: Pots, Pans, Cooking Utensils, Silverware, Plates, Drinking Glasses, Mugs Cleaning Products: Lysol Wipes, All-Purpose Cleaning Spray, New Mops, Brooms, Laundry Detergent, Dish Soap, Sponges, Paper Towels, Dish Cloths NEW Bathroom Supplies: Shower Curtains, Shower Curtain Rings, Toilet Paper For Clients with Children: NEW Car Seats, NEW Disposable Baby Diapers and Pull-Ups, Baby Wipes, Unopened Powdered Formula, New or Gently-Used High Chairs, New or Gently Used Strollers Small Household Electronics: Flat Screen TV’s with Converter, Microwaves, Toasters, Vacuums, Coffee Makers, Power Strips, Extension Cords, 9V Batteries
For Shelter Guests and Clients Sleeping Outdoors Outdoor Gear: Winter Gloves, Winter Hats, NEW Long Underwear Tops and Bottoms, Warm Adult Sleeping Bags, Emergency Blankets, Tents, Backpacks, Belts, Tarps, Bungee Cords NEW Undergarments: Underwear, Boxers, White T-Shirts, Sweatpants, Wool Socks NEW Hygiene Products (travel-sized): Shampoo, Body Wash, Deodorant, Razors, Shaving Cream, Feminine Hygiene Products, Conditioner, Lip Balm, Lotion, Nail Clippers, Combs/Picks, Tweezers, Toothbrushes, Toothpaste, Dental Floss, Facial Wipes, Hand Sanitizer, Q-Tips, Kleenex, Sunscreen NEW First Aid Supplies: Bandages, Ointment, Gauze, Bottles of Water Other: Cell Phones and Minutes; Bus Tokens/Passes If you are planning to purchase and donate new items, please know that quality is more valuable to our clients than quantity. Five $20 pairs of gloves that will keep people warm for several winters are more useful than 20 pairs of $5 gloves that may not serve their purpose. Please feel free to contact us and ask what items would help our clients the most at this time.